When you draw an imaginary line from the top of your earlobes or back of your sideburns where your beard growth begins to the corner of your mouth, the line is known as the cheek line. Having the right beard cheek line is the most important factor when growing a full beard, as your beard style can go warily when if you have a bad cheek lines.
Choosing the right cheek line helps you optimize your full beard style and thereby express your masculinity and unique appearance.
Different Styles of Beard Cheek Line
There are many more different styles of beard line with a few mentioned below, beard styles can well depend upon the cheek line and that is why it is important to pre-determine your cheek line so that your efforts in styling your beard do not go in vain. Ask your barber to help you identify your cheek line so that your beard style can look so great on you.
Rugged Perfection Cheek Line Style: The natural rugged beard style can look sophisticated if the cheek line is maintained properly. The neck, as well as the cheek line, should be faded and the beard trimmed every week.
Standard Goatee Beard Style: This style has a tiny patch of hair called the soul patch which covers a small portion of the chin and the rest of the face is cleanly shaved. To perfect the goatee grooming, you should know how to fix the cheek line using a quality trimmer.
Van Dyke Goatee Beard Style: This beard style is a popular style in recent years. This goatee beard style is the combination of the standard goatee and the chin goatee with a disconnected mustache. The cheek line is shaved clean and smooth to give more effect to this beard style.
Balbo Beard Style: The beard style is a three-piece combination of goatee shapes, which include the chin strap, goatee, and a handlebar mustache. Proper shaving is required along the cheek line to make this goatee beard style accentuate the chin.
The Soul Patch: The chin looks awesome when styled with a soul patch. This is one of the common goatee styles for round face. This style looks like the chin puff, where the hair under the lips travels along the cheek line. This beard style is an unconventional beard and cheek line style.
The Detached Goatee: The striking features of this cheek line beard styles are the chin beard, soul patch, and the mustache which makes this beard style prominent. The beard has been trimmed low along the cheek line.
Imperial Napoleon Cheek Line Beard Style: This is a popular goatee and mustache style where there is no beard, with only the mustache being styled and the cheek line detailed. Instead of the mustache being connected to the beard under the chin and the lips, it is connected to the hair on the cheek.
Best Ever Styles for Beard
Circle Beard Style: The circle beard style is for those having a square-shaped face. The hair on the sides is kept full all along the cheek line. The circle cut is made to emphasize the cheekbone
Hardly Seen Cheek Line Beard Style: This is a facial hairstyle which is a creative idea. While the face has short hair, the beard is trimmed very short along the cheek line to give the appearance that it can hardly be seen. This beard suits best those that have their facial hair color matching their skin color.
The Messy Look Beard Style: The burly facial hair is overgrown but the cheek line is defined properly to accentuate the beard style. The beard is shaped to the face and the neckline are kept natural
The Bold Cheek Line and Beard Style: This is a neatly trimmed beard style which helps the cheek line and the chick bone to be prominent with the clean lines. This beard style looks more prominent with the mustache being emphasized. Shaving off the sideburns can add to the style.
Repairing a Cheek Line: All-in Method
- Using this method, just stop shaving again altogether.
- Let the entire beard grow outside the line that you wish to modify.
- Optionally trim back your existing beard growth. This is not required, but doing so means that the new growth will not have as far to go to “catch up”
- Give the new growth enough time to grow out so that you can start to see the proper location for the new cheek lines. Allow at least a week or two, possibly more. The more it grows, the more it starts to blend with your existing beard growth.
- When you’re ready to go for it, follow the directions here for defining your new cheek lines: Choosing a cheek line for your full beard
- After you’ve successfully defined your new cheek lines, you can periodically trim back your existing beard growth while letting the new growth continue. Soon, they will even out.
- Congratulations on your new-and-improved beard!
If you go through the above process and still did not manage to define the optimum neck or cheek lines for your beard, you can try it again or give the iterative method a try.
Repairing a Neck or Beard Cheek Line: Iterative Method
The iterative method is a more gradual and discreet approach to neck or cheek line modification. It may take more than one cycle to obtain the best results.
- Using this method, go for at least a day or two without shaving at all.
- Define a new cheek line above the existing cheek line.
- Refer to the directions here for guidance: Choosing a cheek line for your full beard
- Continue to maintain your newly-defined cheek lines, allowing the new growth to fill in.
- As the new growth fills in, evaluate the new shape of your beard. If you are satisfied, keep the new lines. If you are not satisfied, repeat this process, defining a new cheek line.
- When you are satisfied with your new neck or cheek lines, you can periodically trim back your existing beard growth while letting the new growth continue. Soon, they will even out.
- Congratulations on your new-and-improved beard!
Taking care of facial is very important in human life. Choosing the right line with or without the assistance of your barber is very important in optimizing your full style and expressing your unique appearance and masculinity. Repairing your cheek line is very necessary for also expressing your full beard style and also expressing your masculinity. Good cheek line adds beauty to the facial.