Beard Growth Serum – If we’re being honest, most beardless guys would love to grow a beard easily but sadly they can’t. Either because they’re not genetically predisposed to have a beard or they just haven’t found the right product to stimulate beard growth.
If the latter applies to you, there are solutions that are quite affordable and you don’t have to go all gung-ho like Wayne Rooney to get a hair implant or in this case a beard implant.
You’ve probably heard (or not) about beard growth serums from one of your beard gang friends and how this miracle product gave him his dense and rugged-looking beard.
You probably have questions like: ‘what is beard growth serum?’, ’How does it work?’, ‘Would my patchy beard grow thicker?’, ‘No male in my family has a beard but will I grow one if I use it?’, Most importantly, do beard growth serums work? All your questions would be answered here. Read on!
What is Beard Growth Serum & How Does It Work?
A beard growth serum is a beard product that is designed to enhance your facial hair thickness, strength, and density. It contains many nutrients and some users say it is similar to beard growth supplements but instead of eating it, you rub it on your beard to absorb the nutrients.
Beard growth serum contains vitamins which improve blood circulation thereby rejuvenating the hair follicles and boosting beard growth. The result is a beard that is long, thick, and most importantly healthy.
The active ingredient in most beard growth serums is Minoxidil which helps in blood circulation. The serum also helps in unclogging your pores to ensure continuous beard growth.
Factors that Affect Beard Growth
Let’s be honest, not everyone can have a beard no matter what they use. There’s nothing wrong with you, it’s just due to certain factors which you might not understand enough. These factors include:
- Genetics: This is the most important factor for beard growth and there’s not much that can be done about it. If most male in your family struggled to have a beard, you probably will too. It’s not a guarantee however, you could be lucky and with the help of some beard products, grow a rugged beard.
- Diet: What you put your body is important to your health and growth and the same applies for beard growth. A balanced diet with vitamins and minerals would help beard growth.
- Age: You wish you didn’t have to grow old, yeah? Its life, we all have to grow old and for some lose our hair. The older you get the more difficult it becomes to rock a thick beard.
- Exercise: Just like diet, a proper exercise regimen means you’ll lose weight and stay healthy therefore helping in growing beard. Weight loss helps in beard growth.
Tips to Help When Choosing a Beard Growth Serum
When you type in ‘beard growth product/serum’ on Google, a thousand products come up. Finding one that actually works can be a bit of a dilemma. Here are a few tips to help you in choosing the right serum for your beard growth:
- Ingredients: This is a rule for whatever product (especially unfamiliar ones) you buy. Always check the ingredients used to make a product because something allergic to you could be in it. Study the list of ingredients used to make a beard product. A lot of men prefer natural ingredients (advisable) and would avoid anything hormonal.
- Effectiveness: A good beard product should heal damaged/dormant hair follicles to boost growth and make your beard healthier.
- Nutrients: Quality serums should be rich in vitamin and made wholly from organic products. Vitamins B, D, E including biotin, magnesium, zinc, etc. should be contained.
- Price: If you have thousands of dollars to burn, you could decide to do a hair/beard transplant and you would be good. However, if you’re like me on a budget, you definitely should ensure the beard growth serum you purchase is not only quality but affordable.
Do They Work?
Yes, they do work but it’s not quite straightforward.
As mentioned earlier, beard serums stimulate hair follicles to aid beard growth. This would mean there are enough facial hair follicles that would allow this to happen. Therefore people with patchy and thin beards could use the serum and see a boost in growth in a few weeks/months.
To find one that works for you, trial and error of different products is the way to go because there are a lot of ineffective beard products out there. Some recommended beard growth serums include:
- Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Liquid Solution
- Kirkland 5% Minoxidil Liquid
- Beard Serum by Beard Guyz
- Maxx Beard – Natural Solution for Maximum Beard Volume
Minoxidil is the primary ingredient for most beard serums because it helps regrowth of hair. It, however, has some side effects. It could cause itchiness and redness of the skin and might lead to weight gain.
Genetics does play a big role when it comes to growing a beard or not. Most men have hair follicles on their face and beard growth can be aided by using the serum which means they can grow a dense beard.
Some men do not have enough of these follicles for beard growth, therefore, no beard product would help you grow more hair follicles that means no beard. This is simply due to your genes. It’s no one’s fault really so if you’ve tried different beard products and still cannot grow a beard, it simply means your genes would not allow it.
PS: Beard transplant is a thing. If you have a couple of thousand dollars to burn, you could go for it.
In conclusion, growing a beard is easy and straight forward for some men if done properly. For others, it is a long and painful process that requires discipline and patience. Nothing is ever a guarantee even with a product that says ‘growth’ on its label.
If after trying different products you still cannot grow a beard, it doesn’t mean all growth serums are fake (there are fake products out there), it could mean you don’t have the genes for it and you might have to accept it. No worries! Rock your bald chin like that, the beard family still loves you.
- Beard growth serums are effective for stimulating hair follicles to boost beard growth
- Minoxidil is the primary ingredient in most beard boost serums
- Genetics is a determining factor in beard growth.
That’s all from this end. Pop up in our comment section for any questions you might have. Adios!