Wondering about how you can solve the challenge of patchy beard? Many people aspire to grow a fuller and thicker beard as symbol masculinity. However, some people often fail to achieve this as a result of patches dotted around their facial hair. As such, this post outlines the significance of castor oil for patchy beards and how you can use it to achieve full benefits.
There are different skin and beard care products that you can get on the market and are designed to improve the growth of your facial hair. Castor oil is one such product that is credited for solving the problem of patchy hair.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Patchy Beard
1. Castor oil for beard offers many benefits to the users and it consists of the following properties that make it suitable for beard growth.
- Omega 9 Fatty Acids
- Vitamin E
- Minerals rich in Ricinoleic Acid
2. The other aspect is that castor oil is thicker and it is an excellent moisturizer. To achieve quality growth of facial hair, you should keep it moisturized to promote free growth. When your hair is smooth, it is easier to manage so that it can also grow freely.
3. Castor oil also nourishes the skin which is good for beard growth. The oil contains some nutrients that can help keep the skin hydrated so that hair can grow freely. It can also be observed that castor oil for beard helps promote the development of healthy skin such that blood can also move freely which is good for the growth of beard.
4. Castor oil for patchy beard also helps to fix dryness as well as the problem of split ends as a result of its moisturizing and hydrating power. It can be challenging for a dry beard to develop into full and thick hair as a result of stunted growth. The other issue is that it can be difficult to achieve full growth of hair that constantly breaks and splits. This can result in patches and this is when castor oil comes in handy to fix the problem. The oil also helps to prevent dandruff and other related skin problems that can affect beard growth.
6. Improved blood circulation helps stimulate the hair follicles by supplying nutrients that promote the growth of hair. However, you should note that castor oil for a patchy beard can only stimulate the hair follicles already existing. Hair growth can be suppressed due to lack of quality nutrients and this is when castor oil plays a pivotal role. Castor oil for the beard is a product that is designed for people who already have a beard, not those who do not grow facial hair.
Beard growth is determined by genetics and some men do not grow facial hair at all. If you do not grow a beard, then no miracle can change the situation. Do not be fooled that castor oil can perform miracles such that you can wake up with a full beard after applying it. The product is ideal if you have facial hair that is characterized by patches.
Improved Health and Diet: Castor Oil for Patchy Beard
Apart from considering different beard products as remedies for problems related to the growth of facial hair, you should also prioritize a good diet and health. A healthy diet helps promote the growth of a healthy beard. A diet consisting of a high protein mix often results in stimulation of hair follicles which promotes faster growth of beard.
You should also increase your consumption of fluids since they also improve the flow of blood which is good for the overall growth of hair. Improved circulation of blood supports the movement of nutrients to the hair follicles which is vital for beard growth.
How to Apply Castor Oil for Patchy Beard
Castor oil is a little thick which can make it a bit challenging to apply on your beard. You can use it together with other carrier oils such as coconut, jojoba, and sweet almond oil. The following are simple steps that you can follow to apply castor oil on your beard.
Wash your beard thoroughly and the skin underneath it. You can use warm water to wash your hair which is good since it opens the pores such that castor oil can easily penetrate when the pores are open. After washing your beard, you should make sure you dry it with a towel before applying the castor oil.
Take a few drops of the best Castor oil into your palms and gently rub the oil to warm it. Massage the oil gently across your beard and make sure it reaches the skin underneath the hair. You must carefully work through the roots of the hair so that the oil nourishes the hair follicles which in turn helps promote the growth of beard. You can use a comb to ensure that you spread the oil evenly. When applying the oil, use a circular motion to ensure that it is thoroughly absorbed.
Leave the oil overnight so that it can sink into the skin to stimulate hair growth. In the morning, you should thoroughly wash your beard and face to remove any excess oil. You can maintain this routine daily until the time you begin to notice some changes on your beard. You can then move to a weekly routine when you are satisfied with the changes taking place on your beard.
Safety Precautions When Using Castor Oil
You should take some precautions when applying castor oil. The oil is associated with some complaints about irritation and rash, so you should conduct a test on your skin before applying it. You should also remember to mix castor oil with a carrier oil of your choice to improve its smell as well as to make it easier for absorption by the body.
If you are experiencing challenges of patchy beard, you can consider using oil since it consists of active ingredients that can stimulate hair growth. The oil can take about three months for you to notice the results. However, you should remember that the oil stimulates already existing hair follicles and it does not promote new growth of hair.